Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I am back on track!

I am back on track!


It has finally happened- I am sewing again!!!!!!

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who were so supportive helping me get through the dry spell in sewing. Thank you! And- it worked in the most unexpected way.


Oonabaloona advised me to cut my favourite fabric, and so I did. Here it is, a sheer crepe with a light velvety animal print. I have to admit, I was terrified to cut this piece for ages, two years to be exact. I was afraid it will be a nightmare to work with and also was not sure of the best pattern. 


20 seconds of extreme insanity and I decided to make a so-often-mentioned-on-this-blog peplum top. My first attempt (THAT self-drafted pattern) was disappointing, and I was seriously considering ditching the whole idea, but I love this trend, and it would kill me not to try once more!

August Burda style magazine was staring at me for days, with a lovely yellow peplum top on the cover.  And it won, I traced the pattern and cut the fabric. Two weeks later, I got up early and locked myself in my workshop- and voila!!!! 

I cut size 34, omitted the sleeves and added a satin binding around the neckline- very cute detail, I think. The pattern was extremely easy to use, and I am quite happy with the shape. 

pardon the visible bra- it is supposed to be nude, but I have been tanning like crasy recently, so it looks very pale on me! LOL!


 It looks very retro at the back too- I am loving the shape, what do you call that in English again? Like something from the early 20th century� I think.



Read the full review post here  (with a few behind the scenes photos) ! 



�2012 copyright Sewing And Style.
All rights reserved.
All images and copied text must have a link back or reference to Sewing and Style Den


visit link download